• Snorkelling or Diving in Tenggol Island
• Jara Walk with the Resort Naturalist
• Cooking Class with Chef Ann
• Chemerung Waterfall Excursion with Picnic Lunch
• Eco-adventure Marang River Cruise
• Guided Bicycle Tour
• Batik Painting
• Traditional Handicraft Tour
Travel by air
Malaysia Airlines, Air Asia and Firefly operate flights out of Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, arriving at Kuala Terengganu Airport, Kerteh Airport and Kuantan Airport. Upon arrival at either airports, you may continue your journey to the Resort via private car transfers.
Directions by Road
• To drive to Tanjong Jara Resort from Kuala Lumpur, take the East-West (Karak) highway to Kuantan, starting at the first toll plaza at Gombak. Toll charges are approximately RM5 per car.
• Follow the signboards to Kuantan.
• You will exit the East-West highway at the second toll plaza at Karak. Charges are approximately RM3 per car.
• Take the Pantai Timur Express Highway. Exit at Jabor. Toll charges are approximately RM21.00.
• The trunk road will lead you to Cherating, Chukai/Kemaman, Kerteh and Paka where you can see the Paka • Power Plant on your right.
• After driving for approximately half hour after Paka, you will reach Dungun town. At the first traffic light, proceed straight for another 8 km towards Kuala Terengganu.
• Just about 500 meters before the turning to Tanjong Jara Resort, you will see a yellow signboard indicating the Resort, which will be on the right side of the main road.
• Turn right at this junction. Approximately 1km from the main road, you will see the Tanjong Jara Resort signboard on your left just outside the main entrance.
Distances From Major Cities & Towns
Location Distance Driving Time (approximate time)
Kuala Lumpur 385 km 4 hours 30 minutes
Kuantan 150 km 2 hours 15 minutes
Kuala Terengganu 75 km 1 hour 15 minutes
Ipoh 540 km 7 hours
Penang (Butterworth) 675 km 8 hours 15 minutes
Singapore 718 km 9 hours